Emergency Response Training 2019 Grant Winners
Pipeline safety training and the possibility of winning $1,000 for your organization. Definitely a win-win all around.
Each year, Williams gives a $1,000 grant to an emergency response organization in each of its three operating areas (OA):
- West OA which includes operations in Shreveport, LA, the western half of Texas, western Oklahoma, Kansas, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Oregon and Washington
- Atlantic Gulf OA which includes eastern Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, Florida, North and South Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and eastern Pennsylvania
- Northeast G&P OA which includes Pennsylvania, Ohio, and West Virginia
Here is how you can participate – complete the Online Training for Emergency Response Personnel training between now and November 1, 2020 and your name will be automatically be included in the 2020 drawing. In November we will draw the name of an emergency responder from each OA who completed the training and will donate $1,000 to the emergency response organization where they work.
This year’s recipient organizations include:
- West OA – The Benton County Sheriff’s Office in Kennewick, WA received a grant thanks to Officer Tanner Woody completing the training.
- Northeast G&P OA – the Factoryville Fire Company in Factoryville, PA received a grant thanks to Kevin Howard completing the training.
- Atlantic Gulf OA – The Moonachie Fire Department in Moonachie, NJ received a grant thanks to Eugenio Sanchez completing the training.
Partnering with local first responders is just one of the ways that Williams aims to raise the awareness of our pipeline facilities and help forge a better understanding of the role we all play in contributing to pipeline safety. We value these partnerships and encourage all emergency responders to visit the Safety and Environment section on the Williams website and take the training.