At Williams, we make energy happen. And so can you. Bring your energy to ours.
join our team
This isn’t just a job – it’s an opportunity to explore and discover your passion with a team of mentors and friends.
We believe in building our bench from the ground up. Our program is designed for adventurous candidates ready to take on real work and start building their careers.Learn More
Build the depth and expertise you can draw on throughout your career through our two distinct opportunities for business, engineering and information technology graduates.Learn More
If you have a passion for growth, we support it. It takes a multitude of talents to keep our business running, from business professionals to technical operators.Learn More
You can find our open positions on the Williams Careers section of our website. We only accept and review online applications. If you need assistance completing the online application, please contact the Williams HR & Payroll Service Center at 1-800-WILLIAMS.
Once you have submitted your application online, our hiring team will review it. The next steps may include several interviews, which may be completed by phone, HireVue video or in person.
Here are some tips to help you tell us about your skills.
- Align your skills and experience with the position’s job requirements.
- Be specific about projects or assignments you have worked on. What was your role and what were the results?
- Have you held a leadership role? Tell us about it!
- If you are a current student or recent college graduate with limited work experience, include your GPA, school-related projects or volunteer work that shows relevant skills.
- Proofread your resume for spelling and grammar errors. It never hurts to have someone else proofread it, too!
PREPARING FOR YOUR HIREVUE
If you receive an invitation for a HireVue video interview, here are a few pointers to help you prepare:
- Before starting your interview, we encourage you to take advantage of the video and audio check HireVue provides. It will walk you through the process to make sure your device is working properly and your internet connection is strong.
- Take time to complete the practice questions. You can complete as many as you want until you are comfortable with the technology.
- HireVue is self-paced, but remember that once you begin your HireVue interview, you must complete each question.
- If you don’t like watching yourself on camera, no problem – there is a setting for that!
- Remember this is an interview. So, find a quiet place, dress appropriately and be aware of what’s in the background of your video. For example, if the TV is on in the background, this will be distracting to the hiring team.
- Once your interview begins, you will have 30 seconds to read each question and think of your response before the recording starts. You will get three attempts to answer each question and three minutes to elaborate before your final answer is recorded.
- You can complete your HireVue on any device with internet connection, a front-facing camera and audio capabilities.
- We’d like you to complete your HireVue within 72 hours. Please contact your recruiter if you can’t complete it within the requested timeframe.
**If your recruiter has reached out to you about completing a HireVue and you haven’t received the email with your link, be sure to check your spam folder.
planning for your interview
The next step in our hiring process is an onsite interview. You’ll meet with the hiring manager and potential teammates for 45 minutes to an hour. If you applied for an internship or entry-level position, your interview may be on campus with a team of hiring managers or Campus Ambassadors.
Here are a few tips to help you have a great interview experience:
- Arrive a few minutes early to allow time to gather your thoughts and manage any issues like unexpected traffic or trouble parking.
- Be prepared for behavioral-based and technical-based questions regarding the role. Have a couple examples in mind and don’t be afraid to write them down.
- An example of a behavioral-based question is, “Tell me about a time when you set a goal and were able to meet or achieve it.”
- In your response, use STAR to describe the situation, the task or goal, the action you took and the result.
- Look through our website and social media channels. They are filled with information about our company, which might give you some good questions to ask.
- Speaking of questions – don’t hesitate to ask questions during and after your interview. We want you to be sure that Williams is the best place for you.
What to wear to your interview:
- The dress code in our corporate offices is business or business casual. You may not need to wear a suit, but since this is an interview, we would encourage you to dress professionally.
- The dress code in our field location offices is more casual. While business casual dress is appropriate, you may also feel comfortable wearing jeans.
- For an on-campus interview, you should follow the guidance of your school’s Career Services office. If in doubt, business attire (a suit) is appropriate for your interview.
Our hiring process may take several weeks, but we’ll contact you after your interview to share next steps. Feel free to reach out to your recruiter with any questions.
If you are recommended for hire, your recruiter or hiring manager will call you with an offer.
We recognize our people for their contributions to our success, providing them with a work environment where their careers thrive, and supporting their community passions. Join us.
where we are
We have operations across North America with headquarters in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Other major offices are located in Houston and Pittsburgh. No matter where in the country you work, you’re a member of the Williams family.