The proposed project is an expansion of the existing Transco pipeline’s capacity in Alabama and Georgia. The project will include new equipment, upgrades, and modifications at five facilities with existing interconnects and will increase the natural gas delivery to meet the growing demand for affordable energy in the region. This project will be regulated by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) under the 7(c) application filing process to ensure thorough consultation and cooperation with other state, local and federal regulatory agencies, and community stakeholders.
Once approved by FERC, the expansion project will add approximately 63,800 dekatherms per day (Dth/d) of pipeline capacity to the Transco system by the fourth quarter of 2025.
Williams operates the Transco pipeline, an approximately 10,200-mile natural gas transportation system that extends from south Texas to New York City. The Transco pipeline is the nation’s largest-volume natural gas pipeline system, transporting about 15% of the natural gas consumed in the United States.
Construction activities include new equipment, modifications and upgrades to existing compressor stations.
Alabama Scope of Work
- Equipment upgrades to existing compressor units at Compressor Station 90 in Marengo County
- Increased horsepower of two gas-fired turbines and modifications to associated equipment at Compressor Station 110 in Randolph County
Georgia Scope of Work
- Equipment upgrades to existing compressor units at Compressor Station 115 in Coweta County
- Replace existing electric motor driven compressor with a new electric motor driven compressor to increase horsepower at Station 120 in Henry County
- Increase the horsepower of the existing electric motor-driven compressor unit at Station 125 in Walton County
Spring 2023: Initial Public Outreach
Spring 2023: File FERC 7(c) application
Fall 2024: Target Construction Start
End of 2025: Target In-Service Date
Download a digital copy of our bi-lingual project brochure.
Information regarding the project can be found at www.FERC.gov.
Search for Docket Number CP23-194-000.
Residents and visitors to Northeast Pennsylvania can now explore a new addition to Pinchot State Forest – a …
From engineer to HR, operations to commercial deal-making — Kenny Scott’s career path has been less of a vertical …
The snorts, grunts, huffs and chuffs of bison roaming the Joseph H. Williams Tallgrass Prairie Preserve are music to …