Operations

overview

The 50-mile, 12-inch Ohio Valley Ethane Pipeline provides ethane transportation capacity from Williams’ Oak Grove natural gas processing facility in Marshall County, West Virginia, to the ethane hub in Houston, Pennsylvania. Existing third-party pipelines at the hub transport natural gas liquids north to Sarnia, Ontario, petrochemical markets. Planned third-party pipeline projects at the hub will transport NGLs east to various domestic and waterborne markets.


operational details

System Peak Design Capacity: 

Supply Areas:

Market Areas:

Miles of Transportation Pipeline:

Compressor Stations

24-Hour Emergency Contact

110,000 barrels per day

West Virginia 

Pennsylvania

50

0

800-688-6321

The Ohio Valley Midstream joint venture (OVM) owns 100% of the Ohio Valley Ethane Pipeline assets. Williams owns 65% of OVM. The Canadian Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) owns the remaining 35%. Williams is the operator of record.

Download a copy of the current Ohio Valley Ethane Pipeline tariff.

The Ohio Valley Ethane Pipeline traverses two counties in two states.

  • Marshall County, West Virginia
  • Washington County, Pennsylvania

For questions about our operations, commercial development or distribution, please contact one of the individuals listed below. For general questions about Williams, please call 800-945-5426 or send an email to WilliamsContact@williams.com.

Operations

Stephen Furbacher, Senior Manager of Operations 

Commercial Development

Kevin Wees, Commercial Development Lead NGL 

Distribution and Scheduling

Michael Doyle, Manager of Distribution and Scheduling

Mark Howsen, Distribution representative