Congratulations on your upcoming interview with Williams! We are very excited to meet you, learn more about how your background and experiences can contribute to Williams’ success and have you meet us. Below you will find helpful information on our hiring process and how to be reimbursed for interview related expenses.
Please scan and email completed documents to StrategicStaffing@Williams.com or mail the completed forms to the address below:
Attn: Strategic Staffing
One Williams Center, MD 42
Tulsa, OK 74172
our hiring process
Our jobs are posted on the Williams Careers site, and we review applicants who apply online. We cannot accept a paper or email version of your resume, so please follow the instructions and set up an online account to apply.
Each position can be unique and handled differently. Typically, we review applicants who apply and select candidates who best fit the available position requirements for a phone screen. Upon successful completion of a phone screen, the hiring manager may then request an onsite interview. If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified and our Staffing Coordinator will set up a time that works for both you and the hiring manager.
After the interview process is complete and the best fit for the position has been determined, the recruiter will call to extend an offer.
After the verbal offer is extended, you will receive a written offer of employment with a deadline to respond. If accepted, we will initiate the pre-screening process which includes a background check and drug test. This process may take up to three weeks.
We want a smooth transition for new employees! Our on-boarding tools and processes will help you know what to expect after you finish the interview and pre-screening process. You will receive future communications regarding additional on-boarding tools and requirements.
how to prepare for your interview at Williams
Interviews are always something that come with anticipation and nerves. Below are some helpful suggestions to aid you in your interview with Williams.
- Arrive early for your interview, preferably at least ten minutes prior to when it will start.
- Make sure to check the email you received and confirm your interview parking and location.
- Print out the emailed instructions that were provided to you by the Staffing Coordinator.
- Our culture is business casual on most workdays, however, for your interview, please dress appropriately or in business professional.
- Greet all of the people you meet with a smile and a firm handshake. If possible, obtain their business card.
- If your resume has changed since your application, please bring an updated resume with you.
- Study your resume and know everything that is on it. Be prepared to demonstrate your experience and areas on your resume by providing examples. Most of the questions you will be asked will be behavioral questions.
- Research our company (current company news, stock price, industry news, announcements, community involvement, etc.) and be prepared to discuss.
- Know the professional goals you have for yourself, both long term and short term, and be able to explain how those fit within the position for which you are interviewing.
- Think about the questions you have for the interview ahead of time. If necessary, come with them written down so that you leave with answers to all of your questions.
- Remember, this is not only an opportunity for Williams to see if you are a skill/culture fit with us, but for you to make sure that Williams is a fit for you as well.
At Williams, it isn’t just a job – it’s an opportunity to explore and discover your passion with people who become friends, mentors and push you to be your best self in and out of the office.Read More
For more than a century, the Williams name has been associated with energy, innovation and trust. We take a long-term view and work hard to maintain our reputation as an industry standout.Read More
CORE VALUES & BELIEFS
We reliably deliver value to our employees, investors, customers and communities by running our business with authenticity and a safety-driven culture, leading our industry into the future.read More