Pipelines are deemed critical infrastructure, and Williams employees will continue to operate our system so our customers and the public continue to receive reliable, clean energy at a time when our country needs it most.
As a result of the virus, Williams has implemented several measures to align with CDC guidelines so that our operators, security experts and entire workforce continue to do their jobs in a safe and productive manner without interruption to service.
Some of the steps we have taken to date include:
- Modifications to our pipeline security control centers so our employees can monitor pipeline activity from a safe social distance
- Increased cleanings at field and office facilities
- Increased communication and encouragement among workforce to follow CDC guidelines such as frequent hand washing and monitoring for symptoms
- Close communication and coordination with the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration
- Increased vigilance of phishing/cyberattacks to maintain security of pipeline infrastructure and prevent service disruption
- Travel restrictions for employees including business-critical travel only
- Voluntary work from home where feasible