- Sits adjacent to Conway West and is jointly owned by Williams, Phillips 66 and ONEOK
- Operated by Williams
- Receives liquid demethanized mix from Oklahoma, Colorado, Texas, New Mexico and Wyoming
- Process separates the demethanized mix into its five components by thermal distillation: ethane/propane mix, propane, isobutane, normal butane and natural gasoline
- These purity products are either stored in an underground cavern or moved to one of the pipelines located in the area and transported to a petrochemical facility
- Rail dock is capable of spotting 30 rail cars at once. The automated truck dock simultaneously can service six trucks – four loading and two unloading.
- Connects to eight pipelines
- 70 active caverns
- 52 active caverns, some with 20-inch casing, were designed to handle the high flow rates needed to service the Conway hub
- 30 active caverns with flow rates of ethane propane mix at 5,000 barrels and propane at 3,000 barrels per hour
- Connected to Conway West with a 10-inch propane line and a 16-inch ethane/propane line
Hutchinson Rail Facility
- Rail loading terminal for handling normal butane, isobutane, propane, refinery grade butane and natural gasoline.
- The facility is located adjacent to the BNSF railroad in the southeastern part of Hutchinson, Kansas
- Five rail tracks used for staging up to 150 rail cars; Unit Train capability
- 8 spot rail loading rack
- 22 storage vessels
Williams is one of the leading NGL storage providers in the United States. Customers use our storage to stage product. For more information on our storage policies, pricing and locations, please email.
Product Specification Fact Sheets
Williams maintains NGL product quality standards to help ensure safety, integrity and operational efficiencies. See our detailed specification fact sheets below. The date in the lower right corner of each fact sheet indicates when the fact sheet was last updated.
- Demethanized Mix (32 KB)
- Demethanized Mix Truck & Rail Unloading (31 KB)
- Ethane-Propane Mix (27 KB)
- Isobutane (25 KB)
- Natural Gasoline (31 KB)
- Normal Butane, 95% (30 KB)
- Propane (73 KB)
- Propane Truck & Rail Loading (55 KB)
For general questions about Williams, please call (800) 945-5426 or send an email to WilliamsContact@williams.com.