In all the communities we call home, Williams and our employees are highly visible community partners. We encourage our people to give back locally and we encourage their involvement by supporting the nonprofits for which they have a passion. We also prioritize support for education – particularly STEM education – along with first responders and of course, local United Ways.
In 2017, close to $13 million was provided to support schools and organizations in 47 states and the District of Columbia, through a variety of Williams giving programs.
Taking a closer look at just some of the areas of support …
- Contributions by employees and Williams through our matching grant program to nearly 200 local United Ways
- Matching gifts provided to organizations supported by our employees
- Support for colleges, primary and secondary schools and STEM – Science, Technology, Engineering and Math – initiatives
- Grants to first responders – support for those local fire departments and emergency services we depend upon to protect our families and assets
- Support for local civic and community programs and projects
- Direct support with Homegrown Giving dollars to schools and nonprofits where our employees volunteer
- Disaster relief to organizations like the American Red Cross, Salvation Army and local United Ways
In addition to our financial commitment, hundreds of Williams employees are engaged in local communities, serving as volunteers and nonprofit board members, school mentors, Little League coaches, volunteer firefighters and school board members.
We call this philanthropy and volunteerism, “The Heart of Williams.” It’s in our DNA and that’s the way we do business.