There’s a lot that goes into ensuring Williams’ large-scale energy infrastructure is built and continually operates in a manner that is safe, reliable and environmentally responsible. There’s pre-construction analysis and planning. There are rigorous internal protocols and stringent regulations with which we comply throughout the construction and operation lifecycles. There’s the employment of high-tech testing and monitoring systems that automate much of our network. And then there’s the most important thing of all – our deeply dedicated and highly talented people.
One shining example of this is Angela Mayer, a senior engineer in our Asset Integrity group. Angela was recently named the “Young Engineer of the Year” for Southwestern Pennsylvania by the Pennsylvania Society of Professional Engineers, which evaluates peer-nominated candidates on their collegiate achievements, professional and technical society activities, engineering experience, publications/ patents, major engineering project achievements, and additional activities such as civic, fraternal or humanitarian endeavors.
Angela views this award as a tremendous personal and professional achievement.
“I feel an immense sense of pride. It is a wonderful feeling to be recognized by your peers for your accomplishments,” said Angela.
She said that she believes engineering is critical to building the infrastructure that serves as the backbone of our society. Given what she does to help Williams gather and process affordable natural gas and deliver it to people and businesses that want and need it, we couldn’t agree more.
Here’s just a snapshot of how Angela helps safeguard local communities and environments where we live and operate:
- Project manages In-Line Inspection (ILI) tools and coordinates external corrosion direct assessments
- Reviews corrosion, dents, cracks and seam weld data; provides integrity recommendations
- Participates in Root Cause Analyses of anomaly investigations in accordance with our stringent internal guidelines
- Supports our Engineering Services team by providing Asset Integrity specifications and design review for new projects
- Provide support through internal and external Integrity Management Plan audits: ILI assessments, response, remediation and integrity threat reviews
Clearly, Angela is very talented, and we couldn’t be more proud of her – not only for her spectacular achievement and being recognized by peers as among the best in her field, but also for what she does to optimize and maintain the integrity of our infrastructure in the region, ultimately ensuring its safe, reliable and environmentally responsible construction and operation.